Tuesday, January 16, 2018

One Layer Butterfly Card with Ultra Pink





Hi, Friends......

Here with a quick post for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge. The theme this fortnight is Butterfly/ies + O is for One Layer &/or "the colour Ultra Pink".....which being interpreted into American means "the color Hot Pink". ;) (Just gotta tease my UK friends every so often! <3 )

I had been ruminating on what to do for this challenge for the entire two weeks and suddenly realized tonight that the gates close in just a few hours! Eeek! I pulled out a couple new stamps to use and went to work on a kinda vintage, kinda grungy card. I had to stage it with some embellishments since none were allowed with the One Layer part of the challenge. :)


Supplies used include:
Kaisercraft - Windsor stamp
Prima - Brick stamp
Versafine ink - Onyx Black
Sharpie marker in Hot Pink Ultra Pink
Distress Ink in Spun Sugar
White Cardstock

What do you think of it?  Should I have stamped the bricks on the right side all the way over to the vintage image?  I think I might have liked that a little better.  Oh, well...  One Layer Cards are not my forte but getting out of our comfort zone is what challenges are all about, right? This one was a little scary, but a lot of fun!

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your encouraging comments!! They make my day. :)

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #92 - Butterfly/ies + O is for One Layer &/or the Color Ultra Pink

2. Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge #316-317   
3. Love to Scrap LTSCB #105 - Anything Goes
4. Craft Stamper January TIMI Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
5. Penny Black at All Sorts - Something New (must stamp focal)
6. HeARTful Stamping Challenge #26 (1-14 to 1-21) - Anything Goes, Must Stamp
7. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #30
8. The House that Stamps Built - DCC13 - Things with Wings
9. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #375 - Distressing 
10. Allsorts Week #450 - No Patterned Papers

17 comments:

  1. hahah just act casual!
    that is somthing that Coffee would do :D
    your card is so nice!
    You are a winner of my youtube giveaway!
    congrats!
    will mail prize you soon!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definetly not as it would have made the butterflies panel merge into the background. Love it the way you have made it and what a great one layer card this is. Thank you for fluttering into my Ultra Pink challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you, in making a one-layer card!! Not only were you brave, but this is gorgeous. I think it looks perfect with that butterfly stamp left plain on the right side, just like a printed poster on a brick (hot pink as it is!) wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it took me a minute to realize that the "goldfish" in the cat meme isn't quite in the best of health...thanks to that innocent kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No don't cover image My thought is to shade in a few of the bricks but it is lovely the way it is ....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably would have brought the brick over a little further but I think it looks good like this also...sorry, not much help. LOL A great card though Janis, you always do lovely work!
    I like the brick stamp,it looks so realistic. I have been trying to find a nice brick stencil locally, (as I don't order online) but so far I haven't found one, I am sure I will eventually but our Michael's only get what is sent to them :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I will agree with most that I like it the way it is. Fabulous one-layer card; those are always really hard! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One layer is hard for me as well -- you did a fabulous job on this pretty butterfly creation! So happy you linked up to The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really lovely creation and perfect for our themes, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts and Penny Blck and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fab, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely design with your new stamps - perfect for our something new theme this month at Penny Black and More - thank you for sharing this with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. Love the design and distressed look. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and it looks fine just the way it is now.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Something New' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never have thought to combine hot pink with vintage/grunge, but this really works! We are always excited to see your creations at the HeARTful Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis