Monday, May 23, 2016

Happy Birthday, Karen!



Hi, Friends.....

I'm here today with a card to wish my crafty friend, Karen Ladd, a very Happy Birthday!!!!

Are purples hard for anyone else to photograph?  I really had to play with PicMonkey to get these colors anywhere near the real ones.....and they still aren't great....esp on the watercolor background!!!  But I was in a purple mood and Karen loves kitties, so I went from there.  :)


Naughty Newton has decided the empty box is as much fun as the gift that is supposed to be inside!!!

I stamped Newton on a piece of my watercolor marker refill background paper and colored him with Spectrum Noirs.  I don't think I have tried coloring over one of my backgrounds before....at least not very many times.  I wasn't sure how the colors would look, but I think it worked pretty well.  


Supplies used include:
Newton's Nook - Newton's Antics stamp set

My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Sizzix - TH Texture Fades - Sparkles
DCWV scrap of lavender tiny plaid print
Wink of Stella pen on a few of the embossed sparkles
Sparkly raffia ribbon from Dollar Store

Karen, I hope you like your card!  

If any of you would like to wish Karen a Happy Birthday, too, hop over to her Flickr acct and comment on one of her latest projects!  Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.  Have a lovely week!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make a Wish
2.  Penny Black at All Sorts May Challenge - Anything Goes (must stamp focal, no digis)
3.  DL.Art May Linky Challenge - Anything Goes

4.  SUYP Cats Only Challenge #6 - Furry Friends 
5.  Critters and Creatures Linky Party #4 - Anything Goes with Critter Focal
6.  Twofers Challenge #20 - Animals

14 comments:

  1. happy bithday to your friend!
    love your card
    so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, Janis. Happy Birthday to your friend!

    I always find reds difficult to photograph. They always seem to come out orange!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I'm a total sucker for pictures of cats in boxes, as a glance at my Pinterest boards will confirm! Perfect for our Twofers "Animals" challenge
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and I sooooo LUV Newtons :-D I sometimes have trouble with purples too :-(
    Thank you very much for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card best toy ever both cat and toddler ............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, wonderful sketch and love the kitty!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As the lucky recipient of this adorable card, I must say that the real card is much, much richer looking! I hadn't realized that purple is difficult to photograph until I saw this post...and then tried photographing the actual card after it got here. This card has all my favorites, cute cats, pretty papers and bows, and lovely texture from the colored burlap. The way you turned Newton into a sweet gray tabby just makes my heart go awwwwww! Thanks so much for the card and birthday goodies, and sharing your craft adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a fabulous collection of Cat Stamps one for every possible occasion is my guess. Another fab Animal card for Twofers, thank you XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute kitty image and a perfect card for any cat lover. Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! And I love your header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! And I love your header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful and sweet card! Love cats stamps!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challange!
    Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just too cute...love your sweet kitty peeking out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable creation!! Love the look of your papers!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis