Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thinking of You - FWF 9-8



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with my Unity - Friends with Flair project for the week.  I am still trying to get used to it being on Tues/Wed instead of on Fridays!  

Today I used a Unity grab bag "Thinking of You" stamp that I discovered belongs to their June 2014 Sentiment Kit.  I love this gorgeous font!!  I stamped it with Onyx Black Versafine Ink onto a dreamy watercolor background I made from another of....... yes, you guessed it.... my ****marker refilling experiment sheets****!  Yay!  :) 


In my stash, I found a background I had made last year.  It was yellow paper dry embossed with my Darice - Henna folder that I had inked with Distress Ink in Fired Brick, Walnut Stain, and Spiced Marmalade.   
[I think I must have inked the wrong side of the folder when I was first learning, because it is on the debossed side, not the embossed side!!  LOL!!  Turns out that I like this folder debossed a lot better than embossed, so who knows....maybe I DID do it that way on purpose!!!  Ha.] 
This piece didn't have a lot of color (yet), but it had potential.  So....I fussy cut around the swirly flowers and leaves and sponged with more distress inks for deeper, richer colors.  Then I inked it gently with a Versamark pad and heat embossed it with Stampendous - Stamp and Bond Embossing Powder.  Next I pressed a piece of partially-used gold Clearsnap - Designer Foil over the sticky design.  I only wanted small bits of foil accents and this technique gave me exactly what I was desiring.


If you look closely, you can see bits of foil accents on the floral design.

To continue with the gold theme, I also did some gilding on the edge of my banner piece (which was made from a DCWV scrap).  I dragged the edges over my Versamark pad and then heat embossed with WOW! Embossing Powder - Metallic Gold Rich Ultra High.  I bought a BIG jar of this some time back, but hadn't opened it yet.  Oh, my.....this is *just* the thing to give a delicious, heavy coat of gleaming gold!!!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!  [Can't wait to start using this on my double embossed backgrounds!!! :) ]

I inked some burlap from my DCWV Burlap Paper Stack with Distress Ink in Tea Dye to warm up the color a little bit and used my WRMK Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper to round the corners.  [I won this tool from Taunya Butler (THANKS, Taunya!!  I love it so much!)  It bites into all sorts of materials effortlessly and rounds off the corners beautifully.]  I love the texture the burlap brings!!  I also added some gold punchinella behind the panels for more gleam and more texture.  A few sequins in the corner and I was done.


Hope you have enjoyed this tour through my card today.  Thank you for your lovely comments!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Unity - Friends with Flair Link-Up
2.  Wow! Embossing Powder September Challenge - Use foils
3.  Connie Can Crop Monthly Color Challenge #38
4.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #199 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
5.  Little Scrap Pieces - Show-it-Off Saturday Linky Party
6.  Simon Says Stamp Work-It Wednesday August 2015 - Autumn Theme
7.  Mojo Monday - #414
 
8.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Colorful
9.  Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #55 - Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely Janet!! The colors are so rich!! Makes me wish fall would show up now!! It was 107 out today in California. Ugh!! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Scrappy hugs, Connie can crop

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,love the rich colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely, Janis. Perfect for fall. And the gold makes it so very elegant, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the embossing on the edges of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janis, this is gorgeous and with rich colors. I see the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant!! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the distressed feel that your autumn colored card has.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real STUNNER!! wow! love it!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...wow...wow...what an amazing,elegant,beautiful autumn card.It's so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning with all the embossing and glitzy gold highlights! That Darice Henna embossing folder looks amazing with the colors you chose and especially with the contrast of the burlap. Love all the artsy touches such as the punchinella and the glorious gold edging on the banner. I need to remember to use my burlap paper and ribbon more often because the texture is a great contrast to metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous opulent card. Very striking. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rich! Love those red orange tones mixed with gold! I am new to Unity and Loving that site! Thanks so much for the Blog Love you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just gorgeous! I love the debossing element! great mistake/planned? I just love that you can make something and pull it out later to use! thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes this month for anything goes!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Janis! The colours are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card. Thanks for joining us at Connie Can Crop color challenge. You did a great job applying the colors and the glittering is a nice touch...

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a gorgeous card. I love the way it shimmers. Thank you for joining the Connie Can Crop Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Janis! Love all the details in your card! Thanks for entering it over at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge

    Angela ~ DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis