Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Is it Your Birthday?




"Among animals, cats are the top-hatted frock-coated statesmen going about their affairs at their own pace."

                                                                              
------------------Robert Sterns


Hi, Friends.......

I am going to try to make this post relatively brief because I have two cards to post tonight.  Again, I have an entry for the current Waffle Flower Challenge using their inspiration photo.



For this card, I didn't use any of the orchid pink.  Instead, I made a layered background with scraps from my stash, inspired by the patterns of blue, green, white and gray.  





The inspiration photo just seemed like it called for some vellum and white embossing, so I used a stamp from my brand-new Waffle Flower - Flower Circles set.  (THANKS, WF!!!)  

I have been trying to use my washi tape more often and this was a good opportunity since my "invisible vellum tape" wasn't invisible enough!!!  Ha.  Washi to the rescue.  :)  Besides, I thought this wonderful chevron pattern in gray looked great with my background.  What do you think?


I cut a shimmery gray tag with my new Paper Smooches tag die set (THANKS, PS!!!) and stamped and heat embossed this fun sentiment from my MFP Silly Shells set.

I put a bit of narrow washi on the tag, also, and tied it with a wisp of dotted chiffon ribbon, which I love as an accompaniment to the vellum.  

Thanks so much for coming to visit and for leaving your very nice comments.  They mean so much to me!!!  I am hoping the rest of your week is wonderful!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower Challenge - March 9-22
2. MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #253 - Use 4 offset layers
3. Verve Inspiration Challenge - Birthday
4. Wow! Embossing Powder - March Challenge - Spring (I was inspired by the photo in the upper right.)



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card; love the soft colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooo, I really like this Waffle Flower flower! It looks great on the vellum, too.

    The cat quote made me laugh! Oh yes, it is true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to come look at your scrap usage. Love the layering with the vellum. Thanks for sharing with us on MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some wonderful ways to use the scraps good job..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these soft colors and the fun vellum flower. Jut lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And another pretty card! Thanks again for joining us at the Waffle Flower Photo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sheer dotted ribbon, the vellum and the washi! The ribbon echoes the vellum and all those fun patterns coordinate perfectly! I tried to heat emboss on vellum tonight but didn't have as much success as you always do. Not sure what I do wrong, but I won't give up!!! This is such a happy little card and you know how I love to see scraps being used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card with the spring colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at MFP/SF&F challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards. I like the white embossing on vellum and thanks for the tip on using washi tape to adhere vellum.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis