Friday, February 13, 2015

Friends with Flair - Life's Boring Without You




"There is something about the presence of a cat......that seems to take the bite out of being alone."
                                                                                   -------------Louis J. Camuti


Hi, Friends.......

I am back with my Unity - Friends with Flair card for this week.  I am really into emboss resist backgrounds the last day or so and did one with a Unity grab bag heart and arrow stamp for this card, too.  

I started with some K&Co. pink patterned paper and stamped the image with Versamark and clear embossed.  Then I sponged over the background with Distress Inks - Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves.  I love the look of emboss resist.  I don't know why I don't do it more often.



I used my The Alley Way Stamps - Speak Easy set for my sentiment, stamped with Memento - Tuxedo Black and heat embossed with clear powder onto pink cardstock.  My red banner is from my DCWV Fiber stack.....with that delicious texture.  LOVE!!

That's all for this post.  I hope you will join me next Monday for my combined First Blogoversary & Janis' Birthday Double Giveaway!!!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Unity - Friends with Flair #13
2.  The Alley Way Stamps - February Link-Up 
3.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Pink &/or Red

4.  Verve - February Inspiration Challenge - Vivacious Valentine
5.  Tombow Valentine's Day Challenge 

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the embossed sentiment.
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
    {I came over from Unity FWF}
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card with such rich colors. Your cat pic is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet sentiment banner and fabulous background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute valentines card and the colors are so vibrant. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun sentiment and beautiful card.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief!! How did I miss this many cards and how did you crank out so many?? You are in creative overdrive and I am loving it all! A great embossed resist background and luscious colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your resist embossing is so pretty!! Your cat photo made me chuckle too!! Hope your weekend has been a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossed hearts w/ arrows are perfect. Such a great idea. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great with the emboss resist background. Love the font, Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! Love that background. Thanks for playing along with our Vivacious Valentine challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis