Wednesday, July 30, 2014

MFP Inspirational Challenge

Awwww.....sweet kitty who loves the horse!

"Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges.  Cats have the courage to live by them."
                                                                      --------Jim Davis

Hi, Friends......

I am finally getting a chance to sit down at my craft table to make a card!!!  Whew....things are crazy here....and crazy hot!  Even having the lights on in the house raises the temp by about 4 degrees.  But Little Peach is with her mommy this afternoon, so I made a card!  YAY!!!

This is for the MFP Inspiration Challenge - Casual Luau Table that ends in about an hour!!  The real challenge for me on all of these is actually getting the chance to make the cards when my brain isn't so fried that all I can do is watch a movie!  Ha.

Do you like my blue corrugate???  I just got that yesterday at my wonderful local thrift store!  A whole big bunch of it for 50 cents.  :)  It was already cut in the wave pattern....probably for a bulletin board border.  I am afraid my white embossed "breakers" look like icicles.  Alas....

Other supplies I used include:  DCWV Glitter Card/Envelope, DCWV Juniper Berry paper, Prima flowers, Want 2 Scrap self-adhesive pearls, white sparkle embossing powder. Soft Navy SSS ink pad, and TY stamp from my stash.

Hey, I have a new follower!!!!  Rachel from Inky Fingers Are Me.  She is brand-new to blogging, so I hope you will go over to her blog and leave her a welcome.  She already has posted a challenge card AND has done one of the most courageous things I can imagine:  posted BEFORE pictures of her craft room as she begins redoing it!!!  Yay.....you go, girl!!  She also is an avid cyclist and triathlete!!!  WOW!!!  Thanks so much for becoming a new follower, Rachel.  This ginormous smile is for you!!!!!

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Okay, I better get this posted so I can meet the challenge deadline by more than 7 minutes this time!!  Ha.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenge:
1.  MFP Inspirational Challenge #74 - Casual Luau Table

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! That corrugated paper was a bargain
    I love to watch at the thrift shops for paper crafting bargains too.

    Good luck on the challenge. Love their challenges but sometimes wish they would follow their own rules when picking the winners.
    Todays Sentiments challenge was won by someone who has the same card in the inspirational challenge as well...and did not even have the sentiment challenge linked up in their blog post!.

    Oh well, it is not the first time and won't be the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, ScrappyMo!! I appreciate your visit and your sweet comment!!

      I looked on the MFP challenges for the card you were talking about, but I must not understand which challenges to look at because I didn't see any double entries for the same card. My guess is that sometimes double entries do slip in, though. It would take a lot of diligence to watch on each of the challenges for duplicate entries....esp since the challenges overlap with each other. Cheers!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Evokes so much motion Gorgeous.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lis!! I hadn't thought of the motion aspect, but it does sort of look like that!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card. I love the blues and the green colors. Thanks, so much, for joining us for our Speedy TV Inspiration challenge this week. The new challenge starts soon. Hope you can join us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I found the blue and green soothing.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Cool card Janis! I love your colors and the blue corregated paper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Davi!! I am all the time snagging interesting supplies for almost nothing at the thrift store in town. I knew I could use this corrugate, but didn't know it would be so soon!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. This card is so cheerful and fun Janis. I love how you painted the bottom textured edged to match up with the dp. What a great idea. Thanks for joining us in the MFPSpeedyTV Inspiration Challenge! Also I love your horse and kitty picture! We had a chicken that loved out horses - it was the cutest thing! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The unintentional "icicle look" on my blue corrugate gives me ideas for winter cards. :)
      That's sweet about your chicken that loved your horses!! My chickens are indifferent toward all of us, man and beast, but at least they are benignly indifferent and don't try to peck us!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Fabulous card!! I love all the texture and pattern, and really loving the blue tones too. That corrugated paper is just the perfect touch and the touches of white actually echo the triangular shapes in your patterned paper. I have to avoid the Thrift store in our town because my garage is already full of boxes of bargains that I found there over the years! Time to start using some of that up now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! The white "icicles" echoing the triangles in the background paper was unplanned and unexpected, but what a nice little surprise! Love it when that happens. (Even though they were *supposed* to be foamy waves!!! Ha.)

      I sooooo know what you mean abt all the boxes of bargains!! When am I ever going to use up all this blue corrugate??? I should keep a small amount and donate the rest back to the thrift store. But.....what if I *need* it sometime???????? Eeek! lol....

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis