Friday, April 4, 2014

Easter Card -- Tulle for Texture

Hi, Friends....

My crafty ladies got together this week.  Since we were small in numbers and there weren't kids for me to help, I actually got to make some cards!!  Still, I kind of missed the fun of having the younger ones there.  :)

Today I am sharing my first Easter card of the season.  (I know I am getting started late!!)  I went with a butterfly theme for Easter this year as a symbol of the changed and renewed life that is available to each of us by faith through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

This is an easy card.  First, I covered a A-2 size card with some mint green and white DCWV patterned paper.  Then I cut a rough rectangle of pink tulle (see detailed photo below) and tacked that down with a bit of gluestick in the center that would be hidden. Then I glued the doily over that.

I recently won a very generous gift voucher to Serendipity Stamps and had the best time shopping in their online store!!!   One of the items I chose was their Floral Butterfly Stamp and Die Set that I used here (only the solid outline die).  It is soooooooo gorgeous.  (THANKS, Serendipity!!)  PLUS....for a limited time, if you order this set, you also get the Large Hello stamp and the Small Flower Set  FREE!!  Be sure to check them out!!

I can't tell you how impressed I am with the nice folks at Serendipity.  They answered all my questions promptly and went way beyond and over the top, letting me take advantage of all the current free offers with my gift voucher.  Wow!!  Millions of thanks, Mary!! 


Here's a close-up so you can see the detail of the tulle.  It is actually pink tulle, but the color is so delicate that you don't really see the pink.  I LOVE the added bit of texture that it brings!!!!



I stamped and heat embossed a strip of white flowers across the butterfly from the Lisa Johnson Designs Spring Backgrounds that I won from the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog and from My Favorite Things last year.  (THANKS,  S&CT and MFT!!!)
 

I folded the wings upward and glued the body of the butterfly onto the doily.  Then I finished the card off with a sentiment from my stash stamped and heat embossed onto white cardstock and a simple Happy Easter stamped inside.

Love how this turned out.  Very simple design, but pretty.   Look for more butterflies in my Easter cards this year!!!

<3
Janis

No challenges this time.  Just thank yous.  :)

*******************************
CAT STATUS UPDATE:
Time to do spring chores with the outside cats:
1.  Try to catch the new tomcats that have taken up residence here over the winter, so they can be neutered.  The only one of the two new boys we'll be able to catch is little Alexander.  He is a darling sweet little orange tabby first-year tom.  I can catch him, but hubby and son can't.  :)  But can I get him into a carrier????
2.  Clip the unkempt mats from the long-haired kitties.  I have 4 fluffy cats and 3 of them have some impressive mats in their winter coats.  The fourth one keeps his coat amazingly tidy.  Wish he'd give lessons to the others!!
3.  Treat for the icky things (ticks, fleas, and worms).  Time to be thinking abt those nuisances again.  Ugh.
4.  Trim all claws slightly so when the kitties jump on my lap or shoulder outside I don't get accidentally punctured.  OUCH!!  This is why I always carry a nail clipper with me!!  :)
*******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis