Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Card in Pretty Pastels

In his (the cat's) castle he is king and I his vassal. 
                                  ----  Mildred R. Howland


Hi, Friends.....

I have another Easter card to share with you today.  Don't you think that pastels embody the springtime mood and make such pretty cards?  They are sure delightful to make!


Last fall, I won a very lovely prize of craftroom prunings from Audrey Yeager of Audrey's Reflection.  (THANKS, Audrey!!!!)  It was stuffed with amazing GCD Studios products, including this enchanting floral paper that I've been hoarding for an Easter card.  I'm so excited to get to use it! 

The floral and butterfly image I stamped and heat embossed in white on vellum is from a discontinued Clear Dollar Stamps set called "Elegant Accents".  The Happy Easter is from the same company (unfortunately, all their clear acrylics are d/c) from their "Easter Blessings" set.

The pretty eyelet ruffle is a thrift store find.  The other papers and cardstock are from my stash of DCWV.

It's a simple and mailable A2 size card, but I think it turned out really sweet.  Somehow, adding the ruffle reminds me of looking out a window on a spring garden full of flowers! 


Have a lovely and blessed day!!

<3
Janis


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
1.  My Craft Spot Challenge #132 - Happy Easter 
2.  Cards in Envy Challenge: Hippity Hoppity EASTER's On It's Way - A2 Cards
3.  Use Your Stuff Challenge #130 - Spring 
4.  Lexi's Creations Challenge #113 - Easter
5.  CWLC #79 - Easter 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the background paper and the lovely butterfly image! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the details of your card, this delicate fabric lace, the vellum image, the soft color palette... Wonderful ! Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful love this one. Thanks for joining the Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty Easter card! The colors are so soft and love the touch of lace ruffle!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty! The heat-embossed vellum is gorgeous!! The lace eyelet is a wonderful touch too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and delicate, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, the lace is a nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your embossing and lace, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis